Maybe you're a little nervous or camera shy. Maybe you just want tips from the pros about taking awesome wedding photos. Either way, you came to the right place! We have some tips and tricks to help you feel super comfortable when taking your wedding photos. Check them out below!
1. Talk to your photographer. We know this sounds obvious, but it's so important that your photographer knows any concerns you have. If you or your partner get nervous in front of the camera, or if you are worried about anything, please don't hesitate to let your pro know! They will have ways to make you feel comfortable. We've even had our couples tell us that they went from being super nervous to feeling like we weren't even there!
2. Create a mood board or save screenshots of photos you love. Did you scroll past a photo on Instagram, and now you're obsessing over it? Screenshot it, save it, or pin it... and then share it with your photographer! Save all the photos you are crazy about! We're all about understanding your likes and dislikes as a couple. We want to get to know you and your fiance before the big day!
3. Schedule an engagement session. There's a reason why all of our wedding packages include a complimentary engagement session - It's because it's VITAL to feeling comfortable with being in front of the camera. This is the time you find out what you really love in your photos. Plus, you'll get all the images you could ever need for your Save the Dates.
4. Plan your outfits in advance. It will put your mind at ease if you have your outfits planned before your engagement session. Your photographer can help you with this if you ask. The most important thing is that you choose outfits that you both feel comfortable and confident in. We can also help when it comes to choosing a color palette or mood. Now for your wedding day attire. Think about how you feel in your wedding dress. Does it make you feel beautiful? Could you envision yourself walking down the aisle in it? Can move around easily in it? Sounds like a winner! Bonus tip: Make sure you have an pair comfortable shoes in your bridal bag! You want to be able to dance the night away... after all, it is one of the best days of your life!
5. Have a hair and makeup plan. You have your beautiful gown, but what in the heck are you going to do with your hair? If you're like me, then doing your own hair and makeup seems like a daunting task. Treat yourself to getting your hair and makeup professionally done (you can even do this for your engagement photos!). To be more budget-friendly, you could ask for help from a friend, family member, or one of your bridesmaids!
6. Try to relax and enjoy your wedding day. Trust me, I know this is easier said than done. You've been planning your wedding for months. The pros you've hired are there to make sure your wedding day goes as smoothly as possible. Your photographer is there to document your big day, from the smallest details to the biggest moments. We want you to enjoy what you've spent so much time planning! You get to share your love for each other with your friends and family by your side, and there's nothing better than that.